The design is sexy and minimalist. At a glance, it looks similar to typical compact camera but with DSLR-like control. Along with the camera, Samsung also announced two new lenses for NX system. Samsung 20mm f/2.8 pancake lens and Samsung 20-50mm f/3.5-5.6 compact zoom.
What interesting about the lens is the new developed I-function button on the lens. This button allow you to change various popular setting such as ISO using lens focus ring which is awesome because we usually use auto focus anyway. You can set the focus ring to adjust any of these function: shutter speed, aperture and exposure compensation with the option to add ISO and white balance.
Another thing that impressed me is that Samsung compact lenses to complement NX system cameras which are significantly smaller than regular DSLR cameras.
Now, NX system has two pancake lenses (30mm f/2 and 20mm f/2.8) a 60mm macro lens will come soon. 20-50mm f/3.5-5.6 is also complement NX100 well, unfortunately, it does not has image stabilization.
Samsung NX100 spec
- 14.6 Mega-pixels APS-C size CMOS sensor
- Display 3.0″ VGA AMOLED Display
- ISO 100-3200
- Movie recording 720P HD Movie Recording (H.264)
- Optional external electronic viewfinder
- Optional GPS
- It’s a 201,000 dot unit, giving an effective resolution of 320 x 224 pixels. It offers 0.83x magnification and 98% coverage.
- Weight: 282g
- size: 123×87x39.8mm
- Price: Approx $599 with 20-50mm compact zoom lens
For more pictures