Canon T3 (1100D), the latest Canon entry level DSLR camera, gets a considerable boost from its predecessor, Canon XS (1000D). Here are some list of the improvements:
- 12 MP resolution from 10 MP
- 2.7″ 230k LCD from 2.5″ LCD
- DIGIC IV processor from DIGIC III (faster performance)
- New 63 zone metering
- HD 720p video recording
- ISO 100-6400 in whole stop increment
- 9 point AF system
- Feature guide for complete beginners
- Available in more than one color, including black, red and white
As you can see, there are plenty improvements from Canon XS/1000D. Some of the improvements are inherited from higher-end Canon DSLR such as 63 metering mode, DIGIC IV processor and video recording feature. Canon T3 will be suitable for beginners who are looking for their first DSLR camera. It is easy to use and doesn’t break your bank. Canon T3 will compete with Nikon D3100 as the best selling entry level DSLR cameras.
The price difference will be around $100.
What missing: no spot metering yet. (evaluative, center weighted and partial are available)Related Post: