Olympus is preparing its first OM-D series camera, which according to rumor will be called E-M5.
This camera will be the new Olympus flagship camera in micro four thirds world. (in four thirds world, Olympus flagship camera is E-5). So “M” in the name supposed to be micro four thirds.
Here’s some specs leaked on the internet:
- 16 MP sensor similar to Panasonic GX1
- Shoot 9 frames continuous burst, 4.2 with fast AF
- Price: over $ 1100 (100k Yen)
- High speed auto focus
- Improved image stabilizer with 5-axis
- Plenty of dials, buttons for serious enthusiasts
- Built-in electronic viewfinder (1.44 m dots resolution)
- 610 million dot 3 inch OLED screen tilted by max. 80° upwards or max. 50° downwards