What a surprise, Canon mirrorless camera design leaked today!
The design and handling is similar to compact camera, but it is actually quite big (Check out picture below).
From the lens name (Canon EF-S-M 22mm f/2 STM) it seems like it has APS-C sensor just like Canon EOS DSLR (not the sensor on Canon G1x as rumored before). If that is true, then it will be equivalent to 35mm. A popular focal length for everyday use.
Compared to Nikon 1, I kinda like Canon approach better. It is quite similar to Olympus’ approach. Make a compact, entry level mirrorless camera that has similar size sensor as DSLR. Then, make an adapter so DSLR users can use their lens with the camera. Later, make an advanced or pro camera for the system. After that, slowly phase out APS-C size sensor DSLR camera and replace it with mirrorless system.
- APS-C CMOS sensor 18 million pixels
- The image processing engine DIGIC5
- Hybrid CMOS AF in combination with phase-contrast
- Video Servo AF, Servo AF, AF touch
- The range is equivalent ISO 25600 ISO100-12800, in the expansion
- To 30 seconds shutter speed is 1/4000, bulb, flash sync is 1/200 sec
- Second continuous shooting speed is 4.3 frames /
- 1.04 million dot LCD monitor 3.0-type wide, touch panel
- The media SD / SDHC / SDXC (corresponding UHS-I)
- Video is 1920×1080 30p/25p/24p, 1280×720 60p/50p, 640×480 30p/25p
- Method – video compression MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, audio Linear PCM, MOV format
- Available in over 60 species of EF lens mount adapter EF-EOS M
- Hand-held Twilight mode synthesized by the continuous shooting at a shutter speed four with less camera shake
- HDR mode to synthesize three different exposure
- Multi-shot noise reduction function to reduce the noise by combining the four images
- Creative filters
- The size is x 66.5mm (width) 108.6mm (height) x 32.3mm (depth)
- The weight (body only) 262g, (including battery and memory card) 298g
- Kit lens EF-M22mm F2 STM, EF-M18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM
- Comes with a mount adapter and EF-EOS M 90EX Speedlite kit of some