Fujifilm will announce new cameras soon. It is Fujifilm X-E1 and XP1. X-E1 will compelement Fujifilm X-PRO1. X-E1 does not has hybrid viewfinder. Instead, it has electronic viewfinder. Enthusiasts might be a bit disappointed. But electronic viewfinder technology is getting better and more accurate. Fuji X-E1 still has traditional rangefinder camera design. It looks like Leica.
I think the elmination of hybrid viewfinder is to save cost. Today, Fuji XPRO-1 is selling at $1699 which is quite high for this type of camera. If it is selling for under $1500, it will be more attractive to the enthusiasts market.
With Fuji X-E1, Fuji is also preparing the system first zoom lens: 18-55mm f/2.8-4 OIS. So far, all other fuji X lenses are fixed focal lenght lens.
Fuji will also announce a new advanced compact, Fuji X-P1 or X-F1. This compact will compete with Canon S100 or Nikon P310 as pocketable compact cameras.
- Same 16MP sensor as in the X-Pro1 (with max ISO of 25,600)
- 6 fps
- Light magnesium body
- Improved AF speed
- Price: bellow $1000
- To be released before Christmas
- Same video recording capabilities as the X-Pro1
- Mic input
- EVF only (not hybrid as the X-Pro1)
- Two colors: black and silver
- Pull 25 ISO to simulate Velvia in JPEG mode