Fuji X-E1 is finally announced. X-E1 is a smaller and probably cheaper version of highly acclaimed Fuji XPRO-1. X-E1 has smaller dimension. It is close to Fuji X100 instead of XPRO-1.
X-E1 has no optical viewfinder, but it has higher resolution, 2.36 million dots electronic viewfinder (compare with 1.4 million dots of XPRO-1).
XE-1 has built-in pop up flash and hotshoe, and has same image sensor (16.3 APS-C X-Trans CMOS sensor) as XPRO-1. Fuji claims to have improved autofocus performance, especially paired with recently announced Fuji XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 lens.
Many see XE-1 is designed for more casual shooter with smaller budget and smaller bag. It is a great replacement of the very successful Fuji X100. Interchangeable lens, faster autofocus and hi-res viewfinder is a big bonus.
Fuji XE-1 Specs
- 16.3 million effective pixels APS-C X-Trans CMOS sensor
- EXR image processor PRO
- FUJIFILM X mount (for Fujinon XF Series Lens)
- Ultra-high resolution 23.6 megapixel organic EL viewfinder
- 2.8 inch (460,000 pixels) LCD display (high contrast, high brightness and wide viewing angle)
- Built-in pop-up flash (with hot shoe, which can be accessed outside the flash)
- ISO 200 – 6400, expandable to ISO 100, 12800,25600 (ISO Auto is available ranges from ISO400-6400)
- 0.05 seconds shutter lag
- Q (quick) button Quick menu settings
- Built-in RAW conversion
- Film simulation mode (Velvia, Astia, Provia, Monochrome, Sepia, PRO Neg Std & PRO Neg Hi)
- Creative shooting functions include multiple exposure and panorama mode
- Auto Bracketing (AE / ISO / DR & FS)
- Full HD camera function
- Microphone / shutter line interface (Φ2.5mm)
- Single charge can take about 350 photos
- Weight: 350g
- Available in Silver or black
- Price : unknown – Approx. around $1200 body only
More coverage: Fuji official siteRelated Post: