Pentax Q10 will be the second Pentax Q system camera. The original Q system faces many criticisms because it use very small image sensor comparable to consumer pocket cameras. The Q10 will still use the small image sensor with unknown spec at the moment.
I have tried Pentax Q system before. It is very small (sometimes I feel it is too small), built quality is excellent, and quite fun to use. There are some toy lenses to play with (100mm tele, fisheye, wide angle, prime). But image quality is a turn off.
We will need to wait to see how far the Q10 is getting better.
The price is quite reasonable at $440 (Pentax Q is $800 when first announced).
New Pentax Q telephoto lens 15-45mm f/2.8 (equivalent to 84-252mm) and Pentax adapter Q to K-mount are also announced.
Pentax Q10 specs and price
- CMOS sensor’s new backside-illuminated 12.4 million effective pixels
- Reduce noise high sensitivity
- At 5 fps / five consecutive Burst (JPEG)
- Faster AF speed when using a telephoto lens and the dark
- AF face detection capable of recognizing up to 12 people
- Custom image function, digital filter function, smart effect
- Auto Picture mode, Scene mode
- (1920×1080), 30fps, H.264, Full HD video functionality smart effect
- Image stabilization in the body
- HDR feature
- Exposure modes P · Av · Tv · M
- DR II dust removal function of ultrasonic vibrating
- Built-in flash guide number 7
- Improved battery life
- Body color order color black, silver, red, color 97
- Over-the-counter expected price is around 35 000 yen
- Released in mid-October