So far, most of Sony NEX (E-mount) lenses are very limited in number and quality. On the other hand, Sony has launched so many NEX cameras. From NEX C3, F3, 5, 5N, 5R, 5T, 6, and 7. Fortunately, Sony launches new lenses today.
The first lens that catch my attention is Sony Zeiss 16-70mm f/4 OSS Vario Tessar (equivalent 24-105). This may be the best lens for travel because of its flexibility. Zeiss is a brand that consistently produce good quality lenses you can trust. The lens look quite small, and easy to carry but the price is quite high ($1000).
Sony Zeiss 16-70mm. Price: $1000
- Elements: 16 lenses in 12 groups
- Minimum focusing distance 0.35m
- maximum magnification 0.23 times
- Filter diameter 55mm
- Total length 75mm, maximum diameter of 66.6mm
- 308 g Weight
Sony also offers several new lenses such as Sony 18-105mm f/4 OSS PZ. This lens is significantly bigger than the Zeiss, because it has power zoom (PZ). This feature is great for video recording but a bit too slow for photography.
Sony 18-105mm f/4 OSS PZ. Price: $600
- Elements 16 lenses in 12 groups
- Closest focus point: wide end 0.45m, tele end 0.95m
- maximum magnification 0.11 times
- Filter diameter 72mm
- Total length 110mm, maximum diameter of 78mm
- 427 g Weight
One more lens announced today is Sony 50mm f/1.8 OSS, prime lens that good for portrait and low light condition.